Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best 700r4 rebuild kit?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Aug 18, 2006.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

im looking for a rebuild kit that contains heavier duty parts. i was looking at the TCI Pro Super kit, which says its a rebuild kit that contains the parts of the street fighter tranny. i can get that for $220, sounds like a good price for beefy parts. i know alot of people on here have rebuilt 700's cuz they break with built rigs, and my question is what kit would you go with? what else is out there?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

What parts do they list? I suspect nothing MAJOR, like sun shell, modified clutch housings, etc?

Typically you end up buying the "hard parts" separately to build a beefy tranny.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is the kit I used. It also contained their Transcat shift kit. I was pleased with the kit and quality but as Mr Yeager said, no hard parts. I was just doing a rebuild so didn't need the beefier sprags and shells etc. I did buy the Jet servos though.
    All in all, if I were doing it again I'd probebly buy a complete built performance trans. The time and money doing a stock rebuild didn't fall short of buying a complete unit.

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

yea i was afraid of that. i guess thats more reason to try to make a 4L80E work