Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Air Compressor...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Oct 31, 2005.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Found out how to use hoppers to spray my own bedliner, now need a new air compressor. Harbor freight seems to have some large cheap ones, who else does? There best one is a 60 gal, to large for me, physicaly, but its belt driven, which I really Like since they are so dang quite. Id prefer local pickup, as these aren't light. Any suggestions?

2. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

You might try looking at Tractor Supply. I purchased an Ingersoll Rand 80 gal. there for about $800. They had the best price that I could find. They had a fairly good selection of smaller compressors as well.

3. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine got his from Kragen Auto Parts. I though it would be a cheap POS but seams to be holding up fine. I got a Craftsman from Sears. Its like a 25 or 30 gallon. I think its 5 HP? Dunno but good enough for my needs.. Used for impact wrench and other tools, as well as spraying a car.

4. jmd4x4

jmd4x4 1/2 ton status

I just picked up a craftsman from sears, 6hrs, 33 gallon stand up on wheels. Its not belt driven but it did come w/ $100 worth of air tools. I am also fixen to do spray in bedliners, what liner are you going to use?

later
    jmd

5. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Havent picked out liner yet, A friend of mine, well aquaintance that quit a shop, said to use the hoppers from spraying on sheet rock covering. Two parts are the best. Thinking about herculiner.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005