Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Alcohol to Burn?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jan 23, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Does anyone know what the best alcohol is for burning in a gas engine? I'm thinking about putting in this "mist" thing that's supposed to boost mileage and clean the motor by running damp cool air through the motor.
    I don't know what alcohol to use in the mix, though.

Anybody have any thoughts on it?

I was just cleaning out my desk and found the plans for it that I printed from the 'net a couple months ago.

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

2. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a water injection system, I believe you just use isopropyl (rubbing) alchohol. Don't know what ratio, though.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If you are looking for water injection then you might consider them... <a target="_blank" href=http://www.aquatune.com>Aqua Tune</a>. '73 K5 has a friend who bought one and swears by it.... when I can afford to do so I will be buying one. You have to fill up the water tank on it like every 20 gallons... but hey for increased gas mileage I'll do it. It's worth the extra trouble... and if it runs dry then you switch back to standard so you can still drive....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to try. The ratio I read to use is 3:1, but I wasn't sure if I should be dumping Smirnoff's in there or what...

Aqua Tune looks pretty cool, but $279.00?!?!?!??! That's probably way better than what I can fabricate, but not what I want to spend. I printed an article on the 'net that showed how to make one like that out of common stuff. When I get home and look at the printout, I'll post the link. I plan to modify that one to use the smog pump to increase misting with rpm.

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

5. crash

crash Newbie

Many of us Turbo Buick guys ase alcohol injection on our cars to cool the intake charge and insrease the octane rating. We use denatured alcohol. You can also use rubbing alcohol though.

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

He gives discounts for older models and group ones for the newer ones... if we can drum up anough interest then maybe we can see what he'd offer....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"