Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best and Worst mail order places

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Leadfoot, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I saw a post about places in Cali. that weren't that great to deal with, but what about other places. I have had great luck with Offroad Designs (product as well as advice), Jegs, Summit, LMC, J.C. Whitney (stainless exhaust pipe only), RockStomper, and In-line tube.
    I really haven't had bad mail order luck, just with some of the local parts places. Just trying to get a heads up for future buying and thought it would be a good way for all CK5 to see what kind of service each company gives on average.

What kind of experiences have you all had?

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I've also had good experience with ORD and LMC. Others have had crappy luck with 4WPW but I've never had trouble(knock on wood [​IMG])

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.k5.rockcrawler.com>Click here to see my K5</a>
    *<font color=red>under construction</font color=red>*

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Summit is really good. I like their customer service. They can also get just about any part you need even if not in the catalog. They also match prices.

JH

'83 GMC Jimmy 4x4 ZZ4 Crate Motor
    '83 Chevy K20 Sand Drag Racer, 578 RWHP
    '94 Impala SS
    '01 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 w/8.1L & Allison Auto

4. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Best- ORD by far, Summit, NTW
    Worst- Jc Whitney

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 6" lift, 36" TSL Radials, 14 Bolt, Rancho 9012s

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

ORD is my favorite because they specialize in our trucks and they are more personal on the phone and give you some great advice... also their stuff ROCKS!!
    I just ordered some 15x10 8 lug wheels from SUMMIT and they came in the next day. $6.00 for shipping all 5. Can't beat that!
    JEGS is also came through for me every time.

I ordered the molded thick rubber carpet from LMC. When it came, I could tell right away it wasn't what I ordered. It wasn't molded and was very thin. It didn't fit right at all. So I sent it back hoping they'd resend the correct one and reimburse my shipping. Well they just recredited my card and didn't reimberse the shipping to send it back. I just gave up from there. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers... and it's still not BIG ENOUGH!!

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I won't really get into the best places, but places that I think suck for service and or time frame and parts delivery...

JC Whitney- (takes forever to get your stuff and when you order you always get some grouchy ebonics talk'n lady so it seems)

Carparts.com- (takes forever and a day to get your stuff... makes JCW shipping look quick)

4WPW- (Got Vasaline? enough said... )

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html
    &lt;&gt;&lt; MARK 1:17 &gt;&lt;&gt;

8. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Got my Edelbrock Quadrajet from them. They had the cheapest price around and then knocked 4% off of that.

:)

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

9. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

Summit= Good....GM Performance Parts= slow.

Neil H.. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne. '74 C10 3spd/floor 250ci 4x2

10. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Let me know how your wheels work out. I had some and I hated the way they handled with so little backspacing and they rusted the first winter, but then I am from the midwest. They were also chrome, bad mistake. I'll never put chrome anything on my truck again.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Summit has been great to me. If I order parts in the morning, they usually show up the next afternoon. Their customer service is good too.
    I stopped in their store in Sparks NV last week while on vacation. WOW ! I was like a kid in a candy store. Its bad enough looking at their stuff in the cataloge. but to see it all layed out where you can grab it, is hard to resist. The wife fianally put her foot down and said" it's time to go" when I started talking about renting a U-Haul