Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best anti theft measures?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jerry303, Mar 29, 2004.

1. jerry303

jerry303 Registered Member

I would like to put a system into my 1st gen, well someday anyways. The biggest thing that worries me is the fact that I won't have the top on a lot of the time, or a soft top. Security seems like it would be a big problem, even with an alarm with a proximity sensor. What are some things that you can do to better secure amps and subs? what other things have you tried to deter theives?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Razor blades mounted under the dash has always stoped the thieves from stealing my stereos. Now I'm not telling you to do anything like that, just what has worked for me in the past. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Might want to look into some of those secure fastners, like the ones they use on toilet stalls. The ones that tighten and don't loosen or the ones you need a special type of tool to remove it. Tried to remove one once and I got /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They have a web site but forgot the name. I bought a lot of stuff for work to keep from getting stuff moved around.

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I use tamperproof screws to fasten my stuff this way if they wantit they'll have to pry it off rendering it useless making it nor mine nor theirs.. The razor blade sounds like an idea so long as no one tries and sues ya for gettin cut up. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Put the K5 in the SKY!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I have yet to have problems!