Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best bang for the buck shoulder harnesses?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigcountryk5, Mar 16, 2004.

1. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

what would be the best/most economical shoulder harness 4 or 5 pt for me --i have to get four total and don't want to have 400$-500$ tied up in harnesses alone /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

You can get outdated drag race harnesses pretty cheap on ebay or from local racers. I got 4 of the new 4 point Corbeau 2" harnesses with DOT style buckles for $60 each (brand new) that I like a lot. And the buckles open easily with firm pressure event when hanging from them. And you don't need the submarine belt unless your doing a pre-runnerish dune runner. They are only useful in high speed frontal impacts and most wind up flopping around on the floor just because people don't want to fool with them. Last time I went over, I didn't even have on my shoulder harnesses because they get in the way... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

sounds like a plan i'll check out ebay---- i truthfully wasn't gonna use the submarine belt i just thought if i could get a five pt for less than a four... why not you know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif oh yeah and they will be for my front pro 2 renegade seats(slotted for 5pt) and my rear beard bench(slotted for 2 4pts) so would the 4pt corbeaus be a good way to go since the aren't for OEM seats and will be rollbar mounted?

4. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I want to run 4-points in my /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif, can you use them with a stock bench and mount them to an incab roll bar that has a crossbar behind the top edge of the seat?

5. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I just purchased some RCI 5-points new from Summit for $70 each. Four point models are available too. Keep in mind that the shoulder strap(s) need to be mounted at shoulder level behind the seat, preferably to a roll bar.