Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Bedliner Material?!?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OffRoader93, Feb 6, 2006.

1. OffRoader93

OffRoader93 1/2 ton status

What do you guys recommend for bedliner material? Herculiner, Plasti-Kote, Bondo Truckguard, or any other brands? I am wanting to use it on the rockers and inside of door jams. I want the most durable and also something that looks decent. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Brenton

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

3. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I've been having real good luck with durabak. I've got it on the floorboards, rocker panels, grille and front bumper. So far it hasn't chipped or anything, so I like it.

Almost forgot, it has faded on the exterior parts. I still like the look, but its not shiny like it is inside the truck.

4. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

ya but the durbak isnt subject to loading and unloading like a regular bed of a pickup, or isit? i personally like line-x more than rinoliner, except for the edge which came up from the tool box being slid on it and cut under it, other than that its great....

5. fasthumpman

fasthumpman Registered Member

ever heard of line-x.?? or maybe its just here in texas but it is really really good stuff. it has my awsome seal of approval:waytogo:. it has a nice warranty. a little more pricy than the rest but IMO well worth it

6. OffRoader93

OffRoader93 1/2 ton status

Where do you purchase Durabak? Anybody else have any favorites?

7. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

JUST DONT GET DUPLICOLOR- chips off very easily

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I have Durabak on the exterior and Line-x on the interior. As far as Durabak loading and unloading, being on the exterior it certainly flexes just fine. As far as chipping or scraping, I don't think I could get it off with a chisel. But, it is rougher to the touch than Line-x, and so I think I prefer Line-x on the bed.

Tho Durabak makes a smooth texture (with which I lined the inside of a large ammo box) it has a bit of "grab" to it. Perfect for stuff not to roll inside that ammo case, but not so much on a bed. Maybe it was just the smooth one I got (red) and not all smooth colors grab. Something to check out. Good part of Durabk is it goes on with a roller. And it's much cheaper than Line-x.

Oh, I got mine at http://www.nonslipcoating.com/automotive.htm