Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best book to buy for maintaining my 72 Jimmy

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69jimmyhendrix, Nov 30, 2001.

1. 69jimmyhendrix

69jimmyhendrix Registered Member

Hello all you Blazer/jimmy fans. I just picked up a '72 Jimmy off E BAy and am very excited about doing as many repairs on it myself as possible. Trouble is I am not very mechanically inclined and want to find out if anyone can reccomend a good "Idiot's book" for my new ride. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Best advice I can give you is when your around someone doing ANY kind of work on any kind of car or truck, watch, and if they don't mind ask a few questions, read the magazines, and maybe pick up a chilton's from your parts store, just don't be afraid to jump in and do it, just start simple, don't do an axle swap or something major as your first project. Good Luck, and Congrats on your purchase

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Get a reprint of the Factory Service Manual from Chevy Duty, LMC, Brother's, or other vendor of your choice.

4. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

Just about any parts store will have manuals for your truck... Some people like the "Haynes Manuals", while others like the Chilton's, I myself have two chilton's manuals... one is a very big thick black book covering many makes and models (very detailed) and then my other chilton's is just the make and model specific one... They are great to have... they're are a lot of other manuals at the parts store as well that will teach you how to do engine swaps, rebuilding tuning and a whole lot of other stuff... Pick a few to go with and have at it...

72 Chevy Blazer, 327, SM-465, NP 205, 4in lift, 35 in tires
    Was About to put in 400 SBC/ 700-R4
    Now trying to go 454/ 400/ 205 setup

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

You can use chiltons, haynes, or one from Lmc. YOu can also het on here and ask questions.I', pretty mechanically inclined on motors, but when it comes to suspension I dont know squat. So i get on here and ask dumb questions all the time. everyone here answers and usually has lots of advice and pictures also. good luck.

69k5 (nathan)

69 k5 cst completely stck except 33's going high sooner.