Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best boot look here smartass

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 68MUDSTUD, Oct 29, 2006.

?

what boot do you like best?

1. Danner

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Redwing

30 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. other

36 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

and why?

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Redwing, because they're almost as comfortable as my tennis shoes and I wore them 10-12 hours a day all summer, beat the piss out of them, and they're still as comfortable and resiliant as the day I bought them.

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

For non-steeltoes, I really like 8" Wolverines with the durashock sole. They feel like a comfy-ass pair of slippers right from the getgo. Thier steel-toes are another story, they are not very comfortable at all. I have co-workers who swear by Redwings, then I have heard they take a while to break in from others. With boots, my theory is you get what you pay for, anything around $125-$150 is a good boot, unless you're buying fom a rip-off artist. Keep trying on pairs until you find that one that makes you go "Ohhhhh, yeahhhh!" And stick with those. When they wear out, buy another pair.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I got a pair of Chippewa work boots December of 03 and have worn them to work every day since then. Best pair I have ever owned, period.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

your poll posting ability has been revoked due to no nekkid option

6. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I voted other because I love my ariats.

7. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i thik it has a lot to do w/ the shape of your foot, & how well it fits. i have a very wide foot so i always get the wider sizes. to me that makes all the difference in the world. other than that i have worn non-steel toe RedWings, Wolverines, HI-Test grn stripes, & Rocky's. i have worn steel toe in Redwings & Hitests. i prefer redwings for both. they are the only ones that don't hurt my feet & require no break in for me.

8. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Boots

Very, very ambiguous question!!

I picked Danner because since my first, and only pair, I bought 16.5 years ago and being 4 widths too narrow (I wear a 6E width!) I still have them when I work on my K5 :eek1: :D :D !! They look like hell, cracked, but they keep on going. The ONLY reason I won't buy another is because their widest is only 3E.
    I'm going to custom-order a pair of Whites in Spokane, WA because I have a pair of their 'off-the-shelf boots' (hathorn) that I really like despite being 3 widths too narrow! I really like their foot-design for their boot. They're the 'Smoke-Jumper' model. Heavy as hell but very comfortable as well.
    In my experience Hi-Tech sucks. In my field of work (EMS) I'm on my feet 24HRS per shift and the Hi-Tech lasts me only 10-11 months MAX. Granted they don't come in wide models but after 3 pairs I switched to Danner and, as they say, "The rest is history"!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this is what I wear...

[​IMG]

Love my Danners. Had them 12 years so far, and they are still in great shape. If they ever get old/crappy... Danner offers a full range of boot-reconditioning services which can restore them to their former glory. I'll prolly do that at 15 years.... maybe 20. They are holding up very well. They got beat on for 4 years, hard, in the grunts in everything from GTMO heat/humidity to cold as hell Korea to salt water / air etc to grinding/welding on the K5. Great boots.

j

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Maybe You should check out http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/ Top notch stuff but they come at a $$$

11. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I've got a pair of Lacrosse steel-toes. Pretty happy with them thus far (2 months). Probably won't last more than a year though.

12. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a pair of danners. Awesome boot but I need to get repaired. Using them in the shop for a couple years made some of the stiched come out where the boot folds like when you kneel on the floor and your toes fold up... area

13. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Looks like a great boot company except 1 problem: their widest is 3E! Thanks anyway brother :bow: !

14. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

no, "i wear my boots naked" option???? what kind of noob are you????:D

15. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

I love my danners too... just was wondering what all you wore.

as for you, well, so be it.

16. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I have medical problems with my legs and feet so it is hard for me to pick a comfortable "shoe". On top of that, I perfer the boot "look". I have tried many different brands and styles. I have owned 3 pairs of redwings, 2 wolverines, 1 danner, and numerous, various other brands. The last pair I bought are a pair of Doc Martins. They are low cut and light weight, yet still look like a boot. I like em so far, but I have only had them a month or two.

17. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have had my a pair of herman survivors for 8 years. Still as warm and comfy as the day I bought them. Not bad for only 80 bucks

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

My hunting boots are Vasque (made by Redwing) and are great cold weather gore-tex boots, and I have a pair of Chippewa steel toes for kicking around the garage that are 17 or so years old, still great but the leather is all worn off of the steel toes (but it looks kinda cool).

19. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

Danners are comfy, warm and waterproof but heavy and $$$. I have a pair of Rocky's right now and at $100 not bad but not very comfy at first. I have had Redwing's (loved them), Georgia non steel toe that were super comfy but wore out quickly as well. Wolverine makes a comfy boot at about the same price as a Red Wing. If I needed a steel toe daily work boot I think I would go with a Red Wing or a Wolverine.

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I've had my Magnum Hi-Tech's for almost two years now and they're frickin awesome as hell that's why I like them