Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best brake stuff for 10 bolts, inexpensive

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tch777, Apr 21, 2004.

1. tch777

tch777 1/2 ton status

The brakes in the 91 sub just don't seem to grab enough.
    I can't lock up the tires on dry asphalt! Seems like I should be able to do this even with the 33s on it.
    Pepboys did the front brakes 2 years ago and I put new rears on last fall and adjusted them so they were working corrrectly. But alas pedal seems a little soft no matter if fresh fluid and bleed correctly or not.

Are there any tricks that are cheap? 3/4 ton stuff that bolts on? I think I need a new master cylinder, is there a HD version that is better than my stock one? I would love to do rear disks but don't have much money to mess with. The stock master has 130K on it.

Thanks

Tim

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Could also be the shoes or pads.
    I switched over to Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads on my cars and the difference in hard braking is noticable. They seem to come on stronger the hotter they get. Praise Dyno and other also make these types of ceramic brakes. I got the Performance Friction thru Autozone.

Without going to larger rotors or drums the pads or shoes would be the next change.

Just a thought