Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best business phone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Aug 2, 2006.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I don't want to have the most geeky phone out there. But I'm a realtor now and I can't use my beat up scratched up old samsung freebie anymore. What are the hot phones right now that can use bluetooth? Isn't there one with a 2 or 3 mp camera included? What makes some better than others?

2. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

i have a samsung a930...pretty nice phone has camera,camcorder,bluetooth(came free with phone) and mp3s..only thing is i dont know how much of a beating it will take, just bought it. the nextels i had before would take a serious beating and would keep working but we droped them cause whereever we would go everyone else always had a better signal and we rarely had 3-4 bars. plus i dont think many nextel phones have bluetooth

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm pretty happy with my nextel I860... not to crazy works for what I need it. plus everyone I work with has nextels so I do not burn up my minutes. But I do use about 1500 a month

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

It may not be what you need but I've heard that motorola's new Q is suppose to be really nice. It's a full pda and phone with camera and all the extra goodies. but they aren't cheap

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Actually the Motorola Q is cheap compared to the Treo's and other PDA's... At Verizon the Treo's are $250 and $399. The Q is $199....

The Q looks like a nice phone but haven't read any reviews on it yet...

I just got a Samsung A950 not long ago.. Has been a good phone so far.. I drop it often and haven't had any breakage yet.... *knock on wood* I dont use the Mp3 player at all though... And it has a 1.3 megapixel camera....

Also lke the looks of the Samsung Blade and the Samsung A930...

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I have the Sony Walkman W600i, great phone, pretty sturdy, folds sideways rather than flips so it would be hard to break that way. The music features smoke all of the phones my friends have, the speakers are loud enough that I put it on the dash of my boat when my CD player crapped out and everyone could hear it. Also has the built in FM smart radio, camera (1.3MP) and flash.

Also, if your contract is up don't buy directly from cingular or whoever, check out www.cellularchoices.net their rebates will beat any of the major carriers, you just have to wait a while to get it. And the plans go right through cingular, sprint, etc and are the same price (if not cheaper).

I just checked the site, Motorola Q for $169(verizon) and two different blackberry phones for free(cingular).

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I went for a good value , Sanyo Katana . Very thin like a Razr , but unlike a Razr it has everything I need except music and video ( which isn't necessary IMHO ) . I have had it for 2 weeks and am loving using it hands free with my Motorola headset . I save money and leave the frilly kids phones to those who can listen to music on their phone at work :D

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thats a nice looking phone. Is it only sprint? I hate sprint. My brother has the Q, its nice and all, too big for my taste and its not touch screen.

9. Homeslice

Homeslice 1/2 ton status

Samsungs are good... I got the a930 or something like that I think. Just don't get the razr or the blade, they brake easy.