Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Buy------Burn In Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stallion85, Jun 27, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

So today I go to get a new system put in my DD. I spent around $700 for a Sony Head Unit, Alpine 4 Ch amp, 4 Alpine speakers. I decided since it was going in my Brand New Dodge 2500 I would have the professionals install it. I have installed about 4 systems, but always in my K5 or an older vehicle, so I wasn't scared about pulling panels and tearing up the carpet. I figured the extra coin to have it done professionally would have been benificial on my new vehicle rather than me doing it.

I dropped my truck off at 1130 today and got a ride home from my friend which is like a 30 minute drive here in Vegas :mad: I went back at 1730 to pick it up, once again had a friend give me a ride. When I got there I had to wait for about 30 minutes for it to be ready. When I got there the guy said it's almost done, he is just putting the seat back in. I was like cool I will wait. They finally said it is ready and i pay and they hand me the keys.

Well while I am sitting there waiting I read there Big Ass sign they have on the wall that says how they have this great customer service/installation team that does all these things like: Vacuum your vehicle and walk you through your new system and show you how everything was installed and how it works. When I paid they handed me the keys and said take care. I was like cool, I am a dude so I figure they realize I can find my way around a stereo, which I can.

I took a quick scan of the amp install and head unit which looked ok. I then jumped into my truck to get home so I could help with the kids while my wife made dinner. Half way home I hear the back right speaker is all fuggered up and distorted which immediatley pisses me off. I figure I can just adjust the amp and fix it.

When I get home I looked at the amp under the passenger seat and noticed it is crooked and the whole right side is not even screwed down. I start to get even more pissed :mad: :mad:

I then go to look and see how they hooked up the amp power to the battery. I bought a Rockford Fosgate amp hookup kit which comes with a fancy fuse holder that is mounted to the firewall with two screws, IT WAS JUST HANGING THERE BETWEEN THE BATTERY AND THE FIREWALL!!!!!! NO ZIP TIES OR ANYTHING!!!!!

So I called the install shop and told them what a ****ty job they did and I could have done better as an ametuer. I then spoke with the manager who asked me to come back in (40 minute FN drive) which I did.

The guys who installed it were like we can fix this real quick for you. I told them to get there manager before they touched anything. I wanted him to see this so called professional installation. He totally defended these guys saying stuff like: The amp fuse wasn't hooked up to the firewall because it makes it hard to change the fuse if it blows ( BS!!!!!!!!! The plastic housing is made to unthread while hooked up to the firewall for that same purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!) They must think I am an FN Dumb ASS!!!!

Then he say the amp being crooked and not screwed down was because it's hard sometimes to get the screws to penetrate the floor, and the rear speaker just needed the amp adjusted which I already new but hey.

No one ever apologized for the shoddy work, they just defended themselves and fixed everything and vacuumed my truck :confused: I don't give a **** about the vacuuming :confused: it was just the fact they sucked at everything!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE!!!!!

Anyways while I am in the waiting room with my wife and kids they hand me the keys and say, we fixed everything and the manager said to hit him up next time your in here and he will give you a free dvd!!! :mad: :mad:

F :mad: !!!!!! Him!!!!

I will never set foot back in there again!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Support your local car audio shop. :thumb: It might cost a little more but you will get a quality install and they will make things right before you drive away. I will buy audio stuff from those big stores but I would never let then touch one of my cars. I would rather say a few cuss words and do my own install that let some half wit near my wireing.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Should have got your free DVD before you went home.

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i'm with ya all the way! i hate that place and always have circuit city got all my business for a while untill i got to know the owner of a local stereo shop really well! sucks big time and there's only one thing i would have done different i would have stayed much calmer and ask for the install money back and said it like i expected it imediatelly and if they started to say anything but yes sir then i woulda fliped my lid..... sucks and i had a similar experience there but i rectified that sh** real quick..... :mad: still makes me mad though

5. stallion85

On the drive down I was expecting to leave with a free install, but after I was there and saw the guys stayed after hours to fix what they Fd up I calmed down and just took it as a learning experience.

Check the **** out before you leave. If I had noticed before I left, I would have ripped them and had them fix it right then and there. I Fd up and went home and discovered it after a 40 minute drive in traffic which probably made things worse.

Oh well I am on my 6th beer now and rapidly forgetting all about it :xmas:

6. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

:saweet: :saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well, that sucks, but at least they didn't use **** wiring or do something really crazy

I put a system in a 2003 malibu, I tell you, it was so damn easy it was rediculous.

8. stallion85

I am with you RJ, I should have done it myself, but I guess I was expecting something to come out looking like it does in the carshows or magazines.

I have a friend of a friend who is hooking up my overhead DVD player for $120 compared to Best Buys qoute of $550!!!!!

Eat **** MF'er's, I only paid $700 for the DVD system!!!!!

I would super glue it to the roof before I paid those cock suckers $550 to intall it!!!!

9 beers and counting!

I can feel the rage coming back :)

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Let me tell you about an experience I had with Circuit City. I had a 76 280Z that I put huge bucks into. Full race suspension, major engine work, etc. I was a young pup and freshly married so I did a lot of the work myself including stripping the exterior for a new paint job. As a final project, I took it down and bought a nice stereo and had Circuit City do the install. I decided to walk around and shop while they worked on it.

I came back as they were about half way through. They had the passenger seat out and were getting ready to put the amp on the floor. The first thing I see as I walk up is the worker pull one of those shop lights on a spring loaded reel. First he drags the cord over the top of my freshly painted car. Then, he lets it go and it swings through the air striking the rear quarter panel with the metal cover. I about **** eggrolls and go check the damage. Sure enough, a nice big dent and scratch. I point it out to him and he calls the manager over. The manager is nice enough and gets a damage claim form for me to fill out.

While I'm sitting there writing I hear a "uh oh" from across the shop and look up in time to see fluid pouring out from under the passenger side of my car. I go over and find that the guy trying to install the amp has run a screw all the way through my carpet, floorpan, and into a metal gas line running underneath. The manager comes over again, shakes his head, and tells me to add it to the form I've almost finished. End result, big bucks to fix the dent and scratch as well as a whole new gas line. I never went back to Circuit City and stuck with the Good Guys from then on out. They never seemed to have a problem.

10. stallion85

DesertRat,

Sounds like I got off easier than you did. What a freakin mess!!! I would have been border line throwin blows if something like that happened.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

car audio is for sissys, my 350 plays all the music I need to listen too!!!! :grin: I'll keep the $700 in my pocket and get less chit from theives too! ;) :p:

j