Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best carb. for 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Steve GMC, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Steve GMC

Steve GMC 1/2 ton status

hey guy, my pops finally agreed that we need to help out our work truck.we've had it for about 6 months and it jsut dosent have enough power. its a 1986 chevy k30 that has 49,000 origional miles. (i convinced my dad to sell our 89 work truck for this with the solid axle) it has a 350/400/205 and a 60/14. eventually it will be mine but for now its a workhorse. this truck has plumming for emissions and stuff all over the engine compartment so we are starting there. we are gonna get a carb, manifold, and headers. for a carb you guys tell me what you think the best would be on this truck? (other than a truck avenger or off road carb) (either holley or elelbrock) manifold i was going to get a edelbrock Performer EPS. and some hooker competition headers.

here is the truck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks a ton guys

Merry Christmas

Super Steve

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Nice I am running an eldelbrock 750 cfm qjet. I also had all my smog equipment on mine but there is no smog where I live so I took it all off and it runs soo much better without it.:D

3. 90v1500

90v1500 Registered Member

Edelbrock 600 will be enough on a mostly stock 350. IMO they alot more reliable than Holly...:D

4. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

that is a damn nice truck!!!! i would go wit h edelbrock carb and intake. i have an edelbrock 650cfm carb and it is perfect for my stock motor

5. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Your right!:D I didn't bother to list all the mods done to my motor. That is why I went with the 750

6. Steve GMC

Steve GMC 1/2 ton status

ok. waht edelbrock did u guys use? perfromer?

7. 58 apache

58 apache 1/2 ton status

iused a holley street dominator intake and am running a edel 750 now on my 400. 600 cfm is plenty to around 5500rpm on any mild small block. def. go with an edel carb holly rules the strip but is **** on the street a edel has better street manners and is easily adjustable and dosent have the stupid power ports. my $.02

8. Steve GMC

Steve GMC 1/2 ton status

another question, when i go onto jegs and look at an edelbrock. either a remanufactured or a performer it says "50-State Legal for All Pre-1980 GM V8's" does that mean its for vehicles pre 80 or its legal for vehicles pre 80?

9. 58 apache

58 apache 1/2 ton status

i would say that 80 is when they got stricter with emissions you must not live in an emmission checking state since i read u r ditchin the emmisions crap. thats all to meet epa emmision specs dont worry about it. it is legal in all states even emmision states if it installed on a pre 80 vehicle. if installed on a post 80 it probably wont pass emmisions test

10. BlaKK54Speed

BlaKK54Speed 1/2 ton status

my buddy has the edelbrock 600 on his performer intake, sounds and runs really good.

11. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

im runnin a 650 edel carb, with off road needle and seats (DO it its the best 15 i EVER spent) and i also run the performer eps. theyre a good combo i just need to get my carb properly tuned (too rich) adn itll be great, i have a set of hooker comps in my shop for it theyre sposed to go on over christmas break but idk if thatll happen LOL