Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best CD player for $200

Discussion in 'Audio' started by afroman006, Oct 7, 2002.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I'm shur this has been asked before but what brand and model of CD player would y'all recomend for my burban for about $200? It doesnt have to have a removeable face cause im puttin it in a tuffy console but it would be nice. Any models that are a little more than $200 would be OK too cause I'm gonna try to get it off of eBay. My stock radio works great but I want a CD player so I can listen to my Chris Ledoux all the time and anything else I want . Thx

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sence you say your stock radio works great, you may want to consitter a CD changer that uses a FR interface. You set your radio on a certin channel to hear it, has small contole panal. That way it'd leave you some money to buy those CD's , LOL.

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

DON'T BUY CAR AUDIO FROM EBAY. ALMOST ALL OF IT HAS NO FACTORY WARRANTY.

Help out fellow K5'ers like myself and get it from me. I am an authorized retailer and all my units have the factory warranty. If I sold them on ebay it voids the warranty because that is internet wholesaling and that is against almost all car audio manufacturers contracts.

That said look on the Clarion website. I have great luck with their products and shoot me an email. I'll get you a price less then ebay and you'll be helping out the K5ers in NM.

There are plenty of people here that have got stuff from me and I would bet that NOT ONE user has had any complaints.

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Hey Bozo I might have missed somethin. I couldn't find any CD players on your sight but it sounds like you could order me one? Did I get that right? If so I'll take you up on that offer (but it'll be awhile). thx

5. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

My store doesn't have a website that is just a link to Crossfire's website. My retail store carrys cd players and I can order just about anything if I do not have it ;-)

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I've got a JVC S680 in my burb. Picked it up for I think $150 from Circuit City. Ended up being right around $200 with tax and the wiring harness. Sounds great. Good looks. Neat little remote. Detachable face....well, check out all the specs here..... Link to JVC Cd player
    Just scroll down to the JVC KDS680 for $149.
    In fact, if you read the reviews for the product, you'll see the review I wrote (Steve from Waukesha).

7. bdkmiller

bdkmiller Registered Member

I just got the JVC KD-SH707 & I am very happy with it. Hell, I drive more now because of it. There are a few thibgs about it that take some getting used to, such as the remote control. I'm not sure if I should be driving & using a remote just yet. It also plays mp3's, if you need that feature. I live on a very rough dirt road & I have yet to hear this thing skip.I think I paid $230 or so for it.
    Hope this helps,
    Brian

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Once you get used to the remote, you won't look at it to use it. I think that is safer then taking your eyes off the road to mess with the stereo. I also have a JVC. You gotta get some serious bouncing to get it to skip. I've got the KD-LX50. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Chris Ledoux...what a stud. How about a Pioneer DEH-4400. Good quality stuff. Dual preouts. Lots of features.