Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Cell Network for the Front Range.......

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Lucky, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Lucky

Lucky Registered Member

I have been using Cingular, as they HAD the most reliable network around the front range.

Then something happened and I get no service in Evergreen, Idaho Springs and practically every small mountain town.
    And you can almost forget Falcon, as only Sprint and Cingular seem to work out here.

Anyone else having any good or bad luck with cell service???????

My agreement with Cingular is up, so I can switch network/provider, but they ALL want a minimum of a 2-year contract.
    And that is hard to sign, not knowing what kind of service they offer.

But I am probably limited to the 2 providers that consider my home area to be worthy of service.......:angry1:

Sprint offers unlimited free incoming calls to small businesses, which is something that Cingular does not offer.

As a 10+ year AT&T/Cingular customer, they are not even the least bit interested in keeping me as a customer.
    Maybe my business is too small.......:1zhelp: :mad:
    And I pay my bill on time, who does that.......

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

No complaints with Verizon.

And yeah we ditched AT&T to go with Verizon. No love for existing customers, but that seems to be the case with all providers.

3. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

I use Sprint right now and I have no problems with service anymore. I used to but since they joined with nextel it seems like they have crystal clear service now. Also their customer service is pretty helpful as long as you are talking to someone in this country.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have 2 Verizon phones. 1 personal & 1 work phone. Both do pretty well for me on the Front Range & as well as I can expect in the mountains. Just make sure you get a phone with an antenna of some sort it will help reception in areas with low reception. My personal phone is a Motorola Razor & it generally has 1 less bar of service then my work phone (LG) with a stub antenna does.

Harley

5. mrk5

Used to be that Verizon wouldn't offer a phone that didn't have an external antenna just for the reasons you listed. Probably customer demand changed that. I know mine has an external antenna. I wanted to get them without because the guys are always dropping them and breaking stuff like antennas.

6. Lucky

Lucky Registered Member

My current cell is a Nokia, with no external antenna, but Cingular did install one of those Dollar Store internal antenna boosters.
    The same antenna that sells for 10 bucks at a mall phone kiosk.......:mad:

And this Nokia phone worked great, anywhere in the county, up in the mountains, for 2 years, and then about 6 months ago, WHAM, major change, no service problems, dropped calls, missed calls and now my voicemail is a long distance call to New York.......:dunno:

I wonder if any providers would "lend" me a phone to take home to see if it works way out on the eastern plains, here in Western Kansas.......:thinking:

7. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

Had good luck with Sprint last 4 years. Good reception and pretty ok customer svc. Always give me money towards phone upgrades when I renew my contract, got a "loyal customer" discount that comes out on every month's bill and even gave me a GM employee discount for working at a dealership:D

8. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

verizon. I put between 4-5k mins every month on mine. Heck it even works on most trails.

9. mrk5

What are you a freakin' girl. What man talks on the phone THAT much?

10. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Business. My cell is my office. Maybe one day they will make a phone to handle it.