Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best clutch?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ilikemud, Jul 25, 2004.

1. ilikemud

ilikemud 1/2 ton status

well i think it is about time for a new clutch went bumper to bumper with a friend the other night and the old girl just doesnt want to hold anymore... what are you guys running and how do you like them?? 350/sm465/205??

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have a RAM and have been very happy w/ it. I think I got it from Summitt for about 120 bucks or so.

3. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I like the "long style" or the "Borg&Beck" three finger style pressure plates over the diaphram types. It has been my experience that a diaphram type PP will let mud solidify when hot and could cause the bellvell spring to freeze up in one spot ( I am not talking about splash mud - I am talking about headlight deep mud/water ) .
    As far as disc's go I like the ceramic puck kind but they can be real grabby when a little slip is needed.
    I have also used a Dual disc set up from McLoed for years and was REAL happy with it behind a roller BBC and a heavy Crew Cab Dually with 38"s ( abused it EVERY time it went out and it never failed me ) .
    Anyway , my suggestion is use a three finger type PP and not a diaphram style in a mud running application .
    HTH , Tom

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I second the Borg & Beck...tried and true.