Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Clutch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5_73, Oct 17, 2001.

1. K5_73

K5_73 Registered Member

What's the best clutch for the price? I will be using a fairly mild 383, and have an sm465. I don't want to shell out $300 for a Centerforce Dual Friction, and was wondering if the Zoom Power Torque ($120 for the whole kit in Summit) or similar would be a good choice. All help is appreciated.

Stupid hurts

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

IMO you get what you pay for. i have the centerforce DF and have had no problems

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

3. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

My buddie wheels the livin pee out of his centerforce and his small block pushes 390 horses...

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Dude save your$$$ and get CENTERFORCE!!!!!!! Trust me! I have CenterForce II Cluch kit and it has NEVER let me down!!!
    I hear the DualFriction is a super sticky disk I think its rate up in hte 90% area. I went with the CenterForce 2 cuz it alwoed a litte more slipage like 65% and I tell ya for the 350 or so I spent I would do it again in a FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CenterForce with a SM465 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>