Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best comback line ever...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by solowookie, Feb 19, 2002.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

ok guys... I apoligize for those that have already seen this, but I didn't want anybody to miss it!

The Best Comeback Line Ever.........

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the
    radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the lady
    who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of
    how you feel about gun laws you got to love this!!!!

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It
    is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a
    female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to
    sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things
    are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing,
    canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly
    supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a
    terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching
    them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not
    one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

ROTLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha that is way too funny. oh and btw that is bull$h!t saying hes trainin em to become violent killers. she got what she deserved in my eyes. haha i needed a good laugh. thanx fer the post. later.

jacob

what is that low rider doing under my k5?
    wow nice lil jap car. whats it good for?

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

As a certified NRA rifle instructer that's funny....LOL he put her in her place

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i love being a Marine!!!!!!!!!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5>http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5</a>

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

lol, that's pretty funny... I can't stand when news people do that, try to goad people into a fight... I guess she's right, though. I used to shoot black powder at camp, and now all I want to do is be violent....

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

6. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm with sapper on this one!

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>
    It's a wheelbase thing, you wouldn't understand.

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> SEMPER FI !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LOL...that's great!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>I'm Discombobulated </a>

9. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I used to shoot tin cans(and an occasional crow or two[​IMG])with a BB gun so you all better stay outta my way!![​IMG]

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

It's never too late to have a happy childhood[​IMG]

10. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

an oldie but goodie :-P

I have to agree tho, the best form of gun control, is giving most everyone a gun. if everyone knows everyone else has a gun, then no one's going to be stupid enough to try holding someone up with a gun. take a look at Swizerland... every male citizen has to join the army for 2 years, then maintain a fully automatic weapon, and be able to prove they're proficient in its usage once every 6 months. there's little crime in swizerland...

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

11. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Hmm...I've never heard that before, very interesting. What about the rate of accidental deaths/injuries from having the guns in the home? That's the thing I'd be worried about. You hear about that alot over here. Maybe it's just we have more dingbats that don't know how to lock up their guns. I imaging if Sweden has a law like that, they have strict laws in regards to storing the guns too?

12. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I dunno about strict storage laws so much as possibly common sense... if Gun= instant Death for small hands, then storage place for gun = not where small hands can get it. wether swizerland has more accidental gun deaths or not isn't nearly as much the point, that they don't have anywhere as many On Purpose gun deaths. if you knew everyone in the country had an automatic weapon, and enough training to use it in almost any situation concievable, would you try to break into thier house in the night? heck, even the day?

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

13. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Yes, too many people with a lack of common sense is my point. If we allowed even more people to have guns then the rate of idiots with guns, goes up. Too many people on the brink of insanity or with sh#t for brains, to make me feel like this is a good idea. I've seen alot of scary people in my day and the thought of them having a gun does not make for a pretty picture. This subject makes for a good debate though.

14. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

This reminds me of something that happened to me a few weeks ago...I was driving around with my friend Joey, and we were following a friend who was following his cousin, and a bunch of his cousin's friends that Joey and me really hate. They were supposed to go fight someone, and we wanted to see them get their asses kicked, but didn't really know who thye were fighting, and why, and really what was going on. Anyway, we had to drive around this neighborhood a bunch of times to find the house, and it turns out the kid got scared and called the cops, reporting all three vehicles. Abou that time, we were all leaving to go meet the people somewhere else, and I was in the back and had to wait for a light. When it turned green, some cop came out of nowhere and pulled me over. I turned my truck off, and put the keys on the dash, and cop ran up and said "turn of the car" and I pointed to the keys on the dash. He amde up sit on the curb, and asked us a bunch of questions, and he pretty soon realized we weren't really involved, and actually thought the whole thing was kinda funny. The nhe said "Ya know, when I pulled you over, I thought I smelled something funny...ya'll been smoking marijuana tonight?" I said no, I had never done that in my life, and he could search my truck if he wanted. He asked if I was sure there was nothing in there, and then he said, "so what if I search your truck and find some?" Then I said "You must have dropped it" He just kinda laughed, bceause it was pretty obvious we were innocent, and he was trying to make us nervous, and let us go...That had to be the wittiest thing I ever said...It was great...andno, I usually don't treat cops like that, but he had absolutely nothing on us.

90K5

15. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Few weeks ago I was in a work related classroom for a few days with a real mouthy b**** from Houston.....anyways she took a real dislike to me for some reason ( I truly don't know why), and had some remark to make anytime I spoke in class....I was quiet until the last day.....I said something about her attitude was probably because the only clothes that she could find that fit were sweats........so she called me a Hard Up M* F*......told her I can't be That hard up.....I ain't F*ing you......

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

What about the rate of accidental deaths/injuries from having the guns in the home?

<hr></blockquote> That's why I'm not allowed to own a gun yet. I know when I was a kid, if I wanted something bad enough I found a way to get it. I'm afraid mykids will be the same way, and figure out a way to defeat trigger locks, or gun safes. I spent a lot of thought on this one, and opted against it 'cause of the kids...

And btw, I also have known plenty of un-diagnosed hardcore nutjobs that would make me panic if they had access to a gun!! Take a walk through times square at 11pm sometime!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> So if somebody were to break into your house ........ you could welt 'em good !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

18. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Kinda like blaming the pencil for incorrect spelling!

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

19. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

The odds of someone breaking into my house are slim to nill. The odds of my 6 year old being curious enough to find my gun or for me to accidently shoot myself in the foot are rather high. If my soul reason for having a gun is in case someone breaks in, I'll take my chances. If they do break in they probably will have a gun and more of an inclination to use it on me first. The town I live in doesn't have a crime rate high enough for me to go to the exteme of owning a gun. If I lived in a place that I felt afraid enough, maybe I would feel compelled to own a gun. I don't know and I can't say, but for my current situation, I choose not to have one.

20. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

In Canada we have some strict gun laws. Safe storage laws for firearms in the home state that all firearms must be locked up in a suitable storage container or locked room c/w trigger locks. Ammo must be stored in a locked container in a separate part of the house.
    So if I felt I needed to use my firearm to protect myself I have to find the key ring with the gun safe key, find the other key ring with the trigger lock key, go to the other end of the house find key and unlock ammo box and if by some chance I do use the firearm I will be charged with discharging a firearm, unsafe storage of a firearm, unsafe storage of ammo, use of a firearm while committing an offence and if I happen to shoot the bastard An additional charge of murder, manslaughter, assault with a weapon etc... And if the perp lives he can sue you. WTF Great country eh?
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>