Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best DD that can seat 6???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KRAZIE87K5, Mar 5, 2004.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

The wife's Astro is kickin the can at 150,000mi, and I need something else reliable for her to drive around. I'm not looking for a big payment, just something for $5-7000. What would you good folks of CK5 suggest that I get for my wife? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I've looked at Venture vans, 97 and newer G vans, some Econline vans /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, and even some Chrysler minivans. Anyone out there know vans I should AVOID?

As always, thanks for yet another piece of the infinite wisdom that CK5 contains! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

-Dan

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

STAY FAR AWAY FROM PLYMOUTH VOYAGERS (Which then includes Chrysler Town and Country's and Dodge Caravans)!!!!

My Mom had a '99 Grand Voyager, and I swear it should have been turned in under lemon-law. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

As far as what TO get...you'll have to get that info from someone else. I just can't bring myself to recommend a mini-van or fullsize-van. I would tell you to get an SUV or even a wagon before a mini-van.

3. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Suburban /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

why not another astro? but make sure its an awd one this time.. kick it up a notch with the turbo setup from a syclone or typhoon and be good to go..

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    why not another astro? but make sure its an awd one this time.. kick it up a notch with the turbo setup from a syclone or typhoon and be good to go..

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that motion. Then vistit Overland Vans, order the 5" lift and throw some 31's under it. You would have one bad minivan.

If you just want another plain jain DD, i would still stick with another astro(That is unless you want to look at an import). Or if you were looking at cars you could look at caprice wagons and buick roadmasters. Comfortably seat 8.

6. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

How aboout one of those old ass station wagons with the wood panel colored sides? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Bwahahaha!!! Like the Griswolds family truckster!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

9. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Sorry guys the /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif is gone. I've had a couple astro vans before I broke down and bought the yukon xl. I have to admit you get alot of people mover for the price. And its one of the few that still has a real frame under it so you could still pull a small trailer with it.

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

that's sad to hear, brent. Hope the house thing is coming along now though.

Looks like you dragged your ass a little long on that one dan. But, I've got a friend down Texas way that has a /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif he bought cheap, and I bet he'd sell it... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you don't mind a used vehicle, get a /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif. For 5 to 7 grand you should be able to find one in good shape.

14. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

That government liquidation site is pretty interesting. Do you have to be a special business or something to bid? I've looked at several items that are ending soon with no bids and low starting amounts. Sounds too good to be true, heh.

15. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ask Stomper. I just picked up on it from his post... There is a tutorial on the home page and I plan to go back and get aquainted with it myself...

16. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Oh, as for the topic title, i recommend a Landmaster:

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You just have to register to bid. It's a pretty cool site. The bastards at FOURWHEELER published it though, so it may get harder to score a M1008 on there now...

18. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

It's nearly impossible to get a 1008 for under 3K. The bids may look low, but it's ebay-type sniper bidding in the last minutes, and the auction extends another 15 min when someone bids at the end. A few years ago, it was a gold mine, but today the market's pretty saturated with buyers that know about it. And it's not just Four wheeler. It's also dumbasses on this site and pirate4x4 and every other wheeling site that told the whole board over and over...Thanks! Now we're all bidding against each other and making those trucks only attainable for the money bags...

Bryan

19. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Vista Cruiser /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

definitely a classic bel air or caprice or wagon yeah