Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best exhaust?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88jimmyoungowner, Nov 24, 2001.

1. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

what is the best exhausr for my 88 jimmy?

16, 88 jimmy, give me advise if i ask for it, please!!!!!!!!!!!

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

How much do you want to spend? That has a lot to do with it...If you manna drop big time cash, look at Borla. Otherwise, I like Flowmaster and Gibson just to name a few.

Chris

1987 Blazer K5, 4" Rancho Lift, 33" BFG AT, Dual Battery setup, AND MORE TO COME [​IMG]

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have a Flowmaster cat back Force 2 system on my 89 along with a Catco high flow converter. I got it all from Summit Racing Equiptment and it works and sounds great. Cost a little over $300 for everything to your door and you can install it yourself.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

"Sounds great"

You mean you can hear a 3 chamber with a Cat? Flowmasters must be WAY different than when I had one. I had a single 2 1/4" one once with no cat and it was so quiet you could hardly hear it.

I say go with a Dynomax dual kit and your choice of mufflers, if you can get away with it where you live.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Ya it sounds great, mellow at idle and throaty when on it. Whoever said the crap about not being able to hear it is full of $hit and does not know what the hell they are talking about.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

6. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    Depending on your budget, there are choices.
    For cheap, I'd go with a single 3 inch setup, catback, from Gibson, PaceSetter or if the wallet is deeper then Borla (very pricey).
    For true power, dual 2.5 inch system, with a crossover and Flowmaster mufflers.
    For even bigger power, I like DynoMax headers, those semi-legal high-flow cats, then a dual 2.5 inch crossover system with Flowmasters.
    The Flowmaster 40 series are loud, and personally I run the 50 series, a bit more mellow but still barks when you stomp on it, but not annoying as a daily driver.
    Of course the BEST system is to go with a pre-77 and then no cats required [​IMG], but................

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

7. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

what kind of motor are you running and are you wanting HP gains or more torque gains? Is your motor 'tinkered' with at all? What kind of sound are you after?

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer>www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer</a>