Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best factory rear spring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dirty Dave, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

I am looking to replace my saggy rear springs with some new factory height springs when I go with my 4in lift and ORD flip.

I am told by some that the teflon pads on the 89-91 make them a better choice. Anyone have any opinions on this?

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Actually I think I remember hearing that they started in 86.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You know what? For the cost, I'd go with an add-a-leaf.

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=blazer4x4&Number=444771&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Is my post from when I did it.

Still like the setup, with a full tank or without, my height varies only about 1", as measured at the trailer hitch. Noticed that I have a bit more squeaks now, but no way I can blame the add-a-leafs for sure. I could have greased them before install, but that would have gotten ugly I figure : )

Ride doesn't seem to be any worse, actually better because I'm not hitting the bumpstops on every speedbump now /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Price the "stock" replacement springs, I think you'll agree the $50 or so for the add-a-leaf's is a viable option.

I have some of those "teflon" squeak reducers, but I didn't put them in these leaves, I believe mine already had them.