Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best free web [age hosting site?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by four_by_ken, Mar 5, 2002.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Just looking to start a web page up again. Anyone have any suggestions? Looking for free, with as little limitiations as possible.

Thanks
    Ken H.

2. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

try netfirms.com or f2g.net. I personally like netfirms better because I had issues with f2g.net's FTP server. You can look at my site it's joshbush.netfirms.com

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I use these guys right now (just haven't migrated the site in my sig over there yet):

<a target="_blank" href=http://free.prohosting.com>free.prohosting.com</a>. They give you 50Mb space, and I don't think they have an upload limitation. I started using them because they don't have those irritating %$#*@(&amp; *&amp;^%$!+ popup ads, the banners aren't huge, and I wanted to have a 3Mb MP3 play from a page. So far they've been the best free provider I've come across.

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I use tripod, your welcome to check out my site and see what you think. They are pretty good as long as your site isnt too big with a ton of traffic. I will be moving to my OWN .com soon becuase of my traffic, My bandwith is too high but other then that tripod has been great to me.

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I had a page on tripod, but aparently the dont like you linking anywhere so I took it down. If I ever do decide to make another one, it'll be on 50 Megs.