Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Front Brake Pads

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Jan 21, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Jan 13, 2002
    What is the best kind of brake pads to get? The pad's that are on the blazer now are allways squelling and they turn my wheels black within 2 or 3 days. I just want some that won't squell and won't turn my wheels black so quickly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

91K5 350 2.5in Suspension lift 33/12.5
  2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Feb 21, 2001
    I use Raybstos Brute stop. They leave the wheels a nice gray color and if you are not really carefull when you install them they squeek too.

If you want no chance of squeeking and no dust on your wheels you could convert to front drum brakes[​IMG].

OK...now for the answer you are looking for. All pads will leave dust on your wheels so just wash it often or get those plastic dust guards that they sell at the parts store. To keep them from squeeling get a good set of pads that come with the anti-squeel stick on pads and some of that orange anti-squeel glue stuff. Also make sure you bend over the tabs on the outboard pad so it can't move around (which is what causes most of the squeeling).

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>