Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Garage Floor Coat?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Nov 21, 2000
    Guys, what is the best and most affordable DIY Garage Floor Coating? i've got a 25x23 garage to coat, and would prefer to do it now while its empty rather than later.

I've seen the stuf fon TV, but is that durable? the last thing i need is for it to chip, then stain underneath with motor oil and coolant.

The concrete is virgin, and does not have any oil stains.
  2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jul 24, 2003
    I'm not sure if the rustoleum stuff they are pushing on TV is the same stuff they use in industry--it might be a "happy homeowner"version of their epoxy coating they have sold for years to warhouses and factories.W.W. Grainger has a lot of info in their catolog about it--but I think if you shop around you can beat their prices--I dont buy much from them anymore--they charge too much more for the same thing I can buy elsewhere quite often--plus you need a business letterhead to be able to buy there,at least in our area--I use a friends account and pay cash if I cant get something anywhere else. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif