Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Jethro way to cc your heads?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Aug 5, 2005.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Ok, who's got the best tried and true method of getting a somewhat close measurment of your head chamber volume?

A friend of mine suggested I goto Tractor Supply Co, and get an animal vaccination syringe?
    Anyone got some cheap methods?

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Well, I bought the largest animal vaccination syringe at Tractor Supply co, $1.89 (60cc), plust another $1.10 for the needle tip. (Veterinary use only!)
    I had a piece of plexi-glas, cut it to size and drilled a fill hole in it, slight gease around the edge of the chamber, placed the plexi-glas over it, and filled her up. I did it on the head I knew the size of first, and it came out almost exactly right at 65cc (the head is 64cc).
    So it works, the only trouble I had, espcially on my old heads, because the volume is greater than 60cc, I oculdn't refill the thing fast enough because some fluid was slowing leaking out through the valves while I was trying to refill the syringe, but a little grease on those valves took care of that.
    If they had an 80 or 70cc syringe, that would be better, but 60cc was the largest they had. (that's alot of dope!)

3. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

Whoo !! That way ROCKS !! :bow:

4. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

Summit sells Comp Cams cheapo kit for $25 that supplies everything you need includind burette and plate :bow:

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I did mine the exact same way!! :D :D