Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best lift kit for 71 K-5 ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Aug 4, 2000.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Ok, looking to lift my 71 K-5 from stock. 4" susp. questions. (1) What brand is best equiped, best ride, do they all offer bushings pads between the leafs tor better ride. (2) with 4" lift do you really have to mod. drive lines. (3) have stock springs now so do you think a shackle flip kit for the back would work. don't what blocks in back. Any help would be great. Thank's

2. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

use the flip in the back for sure. remeber our wheel openings are biger and our blazer came with biger tires to start with. so thw 73 and up guys need 6 inch lift to get what we get with 2 inch lifts, mine has no lift and ran 35s I now have a one inch body lift and what slos me down is keeping the rockers out the way. I'm going to flip the shacles in back and go with a 6 inch in front see were it is then and have custom sprins made to get the back were it needs to be. The reson for this is most spring sets are for the trucks and blazers are much heavyer in back (like 2000 LBS)

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

3. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Can't decide between 33" or 35" for tires size. I know I'll get more clearence with 33" but do you think I"ll have to go to a 6" lift for the 35" or maybe a 4" with a 2" body lift.

4. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

You'll get more clearance with a 6" lift and 35s. You'll probably have to et your drivelines done with a 6" lift, though. 33s won't require you to regear either--or at least I don't think so. I can say definitively that 35s are exponentially better than 33s while wheeling.

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have always been happy with Superlift. I have an 82 Blazer and I have run a 4" HD lift and currently I have a 6" superride lift. Both lifts rode great.

I have heard that Exploer Procomp and Rancho lift are very stiff.

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have a 4" rancho system in my 71. I had to get 2" rear springs and 2" blocks because thats the tallest spring that i could have in the rear (at least that was what they told me). It is a stiff suspension. After I'm dona paying for the 3/4 ton swap, I'm gonna get a shackle flip and have some springs made by Alcan. They custom-make them for your truck. They're not cheap, but they flex and ride great. Also, the shocks effect ride too. I have RS5000s and they are stiff.</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue>Updated!</font color=blue>

7. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the information. I'll let you guys know what I find out .