Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best locker for 12 bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76K5, Jul 9, 2001.

1. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

hey guys, trying to find out what the best locker for a 12 bolt would be. I'm looking for something thats super tough, but not a too difficult to install. Anyway if any of you read my post about my tranny problems. Turns out the ol th350 is toast. I destroyed the gear that allows it to remain in park, and all the metal floating around did enough damage to require a rebuild. Oh well, 186,000 miles on one tranny isn't too bad. Thanks for the help.

If in doubt, gun it.

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    LockRight locker is the best !

3. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

the lockright and the detroit e-z locker are the exact same unit, niether one are super strong but, it does'nt matter cause you carrier, r&p, or axle will break first on a 12 bolt-- the full detroit is the best.

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

A full Detroit is the best I think but not the easiest.Now that I have one I wouldnt have anything else.Ive heard of lock rights and easy lockers not doing well in heavy vehicals but have never heard any thing bad about a full Detroit.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</A>