Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best mufflers for my 92 Yukon?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blaze, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

It is time to replace my exhaust system. My manifold is leaking, my y-pipe is rusted, cat is clogged, and the rest of the system is held up by one hanger.

I am getting a set of Pacesetter shorty headers in a few weeks and am going to get a custom dual system bent for it. I want it to be true duals with no cats back to two mufflers. NO FLOWMASTERS! I don't want the interior resonance/drone in my daily driver. I thought about glasspacks, but I want something with a better tone since it is gonna be loud as hell with straight pipes and glasspacks.

I want something loud, but I can still talk to my wife in the truck and won't kill my ears. Maybe something that rumbles at idle and under acceleration, but ROARS when I open it up.

Anyone suggest anything? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I had Hooker Aero Chambers on a previous car i owned, i really liked them, nice tone, not too loud, not too quiet. They let you know they were there when you got on it.

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I have a 95 Yukon that I put a Dynomax after cat system on a few years ago. Sounds great on the outside but, to be honest, it is way too loud inside. Driving down the highway at 75 mph, I can barely hear the kids when they talk to me, (not always a bad thing though). If I were to do it over, I don't think I would go this route again. Hope some can give you some good suggestions, but I wouldn't recommend this system if you want to keep the wife happy.

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

those 20$ turbo mufflers are pretty quiet