Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Music Video Ever Must Watch

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by protechk5, Apr 28, 2005.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

2. aealliarmy

aealliarmy Registered Member

excellent video if only they had more chevy's in it. :grin:

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Eh, CMT apparently isn't with the times. I can't watch it cause I have a newer version of Windows Media Player(10). Says I don't have the proper 9 plugin, duh I have 10.

Probably just another one of these Pop country songs that in my opinion is ruining country and playing to the kids in the cowboy hats who have never been near a farm or a pickup truck bigger than a S10.

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

yeah it didnt work for me with firefox, but it works with IE, hahaha theres no truck in that video smaller than a s10

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

doesn't change the way country music is these days, I still listen to old Alan Jackson, Brooks and Dunn, even Chris Cagle, just don't turn on CMT anymore.

Oh thats cool, running over trees. :rolleyes: Riding on the top of one of those overside boggers with no seat belts or anything, damn I hate those things.

Man I'm not in a good mood tonight...

6. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

i think Chris Cagle is pretty popish and even some of the new Alan Jackson stuff i dont like that much, its still better than most newer country, but it doesnt beat his older stuff

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Old stuff is what I listen to. ANd yeah Chris Cagle can be pretty pop country. I just like his other stuff. Eh, whatever I rarely listen to country anymore. I used to be one of those guys. I grew out of it and realized I was being something I wasn't in a way. Just do my own thing now. In high school I was one of the "leaders" of a group of kids like that(pop country **** I guess). Most of those kids that looked up to me were nothing but poser idiots who angered me constantly. I made fun of them to their faces and they just took it cause I was "Mandic". I guess its just my life thats gone this way and made me a little bitter towards it.

sorry for ****ting on your thread

8. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

well i do agree that you cant hear the real stuff (Hank, Hank Jr., Coe, Jennings, Straight) on CMT or even on the radio

9. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Seen the video on CMT earlier. Video isn't bad but I like the song.

10. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

i think i caught the tail end of that video today. i only saw the atv jumps in the mud. i think gretchen wilson looks better on one though.

khyi.com based in plano texas. not owned by clear channel corporate big wigs. they play good music, texas music, old stuff. fewer commercials than other stations. i listen to it all day long on my computer when i'm not at home.

11. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I had to listen to System Of A Downs "BYOB" to feel normal again after watching that garbage. 10 years ago I would loved it. Completely unremarkable and boring. :surepal:

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

System of a Down got to political for me(though I find a lot of their songs are that way so maybe they always have been)

13. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Todays "country" sucks for the most part...

I like the legends of country music best,and I miss Hank Jr,and all the "real" country stuff radio refuses to play anymore--here in MA all I can hear is 4 hours a week of Cash,Jones,Haggard,Paycheck,etc on sunday morning from 8 am till noon,when most people are sleeping in on their only day off,or hungover...

I am nauseated every time I turn on the radio and Tim Mcgraw,Toby Keith,Kenny Chesney,and Rascall Flatts,Lonestar,and all the other so called country artists are ALL you hear repatedly--as far as I'm concerned,country music died about 10 years ago--only Alan Jackson,George Straight,and a few others even sound "country"-

The only artists I like from the past 10 years are 99% of the females,most of which I met at least once,and were very nice--here are some of the ones I met--Kathy Mattea,Suzy Bogguss,Rhonda Vincent,Holly Dunn,Patty Loveless,Pam Tillis,Deborah Allen,Michelle Wright,Robin Lee,Shania Twain,Chely Wright,Tammy Cochran,Martina Mcbride,and many others---Kathy Mattea,Suzy Bogguss and Holly Dunn were very nice to me,I was in their fan clubs a long time--got to know them on pretty well,when a friend of mine died of a heart attack that was also a fan,they all sent me condolance cards!--how many rock artists would care,or bother too?

-Rhonda Vincent shocked me by giving me a car at a concert last month!-- :eek1: and another friend who lost his 11 year old son to leukemia was able to contact his sons favorite artist Billy Ray Cyrus,who arranged to have him and his family driven to Toronto canada from the boston area,just so he could spend the day with the boy singing his songs and touring the movie set of "Doc",only weeks before he died!.

--I get pretty angry at people who make fun of country music(though I must adnit some of todays songs and artists ARE laughable!)--but for the most part the artists are very talented,and very caring people,and a lot of them never get the success or recognition they deserve..I hate the way the gendre has changed lately,and how they "banned" all the older artists from radio airplay...OK--RANT OVER! :D