Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best night of the year tonight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Aug 6, 2005.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

fair in towm and its TRACTOR PULL NIGHT :D and it is the sweet sound of hp and tourqe. loving every minute of the sound.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I love them too!..

Yup--nothing like the scream of a BBC on a pulling tractor,with "zoomies" for headers,and the power pulsating in your diaphram as it pulls the sled down the track!...I like the Allison V12 aircraft engine powered ones too!,and the diesel ones with 3 turbos,or a 4 barrel carb running on alcohol!! :eek1: ...

They used to hold several large events in new england,mostly VT..I went to lots of pulls in the 80's,but many of the fairgrounds are history,or have not had tractor or truck pulls anymore...last decent ones I saw were in county fairs in Brooklyn CT,and the Washinton County Fair in RI--which is coming up next week--too bad no country artists I like are playing there this year--its a great time to watch the pulls,then see a good concert after..but it ain't gonna happen this year I guess... :(

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i like the new diesel class of super mods. custom cast blocks with NO WATER ports. lots to tell but tired . thay can pump some BIG power out. first time i saw them i was thinking he will pull the slead around the track if thay let him.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

tractor pulls were last night here

ive gone before but its been a long time, i get bored with stuff very quickly easily so i dont go see them, or demo derbies or anything and im afraid to go to a 1/8 or 1/4 mile race track to watch cars race cuz im pretty sure id only go a couple times then be bored and never go again

its hard to find anything that amuses me in this world, its all pretty boring and too much trouble IMHO

id rather be part of it all, not be another damn spectator, yawn...

good luck