Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best (not cheapest) places for carpet kits...85 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bone85K5, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Any suggestions? Who has what and whats the favorite going around?

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I put in the complete Cheyenne Pickup Parts interior carpet kit with the heat reflective backing about two years ago and am very happy with it. Pics on my site below.

<font color=orange>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I recently went to my local Chevy dealer to see what they would charge for new capret for my '90. Carpet is no longer stocked. They referred me to a local trim shop that does all their work. I visited the shop and was able to see samples of what they would install and got some prices. At first I was in shock about the prices until I realized he was quoting installed. Complete front, rear and wheelwells of high quality carpet that matches was about $225.00 if I did the install.

4. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I was actually about to post this. I found this on ebay, . The company has a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.1aauto.com/>website, but the K5 section does not have any info. It appears that they use the ACC brand carpet and at $199(ebay price, I am sure the price would be the same at their site) it is a great price. My dad works at an aftermarket supply house and the best price he can get it for me is $240. They state to be able to do any color, even custom colors. When I buy my carpet this will probably be the place I go. Maybe we should ask Steve to talk to them about a CK5 discount. [​IMG]

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I had a local upholsterer do mine. He only charged me $200, but I had to help him out (remove seats, pull up the old stuff, and clean up the floor). He also made new panels for the door bottoms and made one for the tailgate. Not a bad deal at all, and I think the quality is second to none.