Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best part of bumper to mount to and which kind of mount

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by PetaKane, Jun 14, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

I wanna try to mount my antennas to my bumper, as I failed miserably with my mirror mounts. I'm gonna go to the truck stop later today. Last time I was there they didn't have anything labeled 'bumper mount'. So which mount is the most sturdy and could hold a 7' Firestik? And which part of the bumper would be the best to mount it to? Thanks

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A friend of mine custom bent and drilled a 1/4" piece of steel for his. Bolted it to the bumper bracket on the frame. It stuck out about 6" from the bumper. Use a acorn mount on it for your antenna.

3. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I use the clamp type mirror mount and just have half of it bolted through my rear bumper, it sticks out about 2" and works great, even stood up when I was rearended, I lost the antenna and coax, but the mount was still there /forums/images/icons/grin.gif