Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best place fer 8 lug Aluminum wheels?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, Jun 25, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I reckon I'll go 1 ton. Where is the cheapest places to get quality aluminum wheels similar to my Outlaw II wheels?

Like these but 8 lug?
    [​IMG]

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

I like pepboys for wheels. They are accessable if you need another and cheap..... at least around here. Cost around $50 for a rim there that cost around $80 at 4wp and $70 at bigO. They don't have anything spectacular, but they have those.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

you can get outlaw 2's in 8lug just not 15in the only alunimum 15" wheels are Real wheels but there not cheap

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

What size is ideal for D-60/14B axles? 15 inch tires are cheaper I know but if the wheels rub the calipers or steering, then is 16 inch a better choice???

I wanna get my ducks in a row as it's my daily driver!

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I used these people http://www.tomzwheels.com/ to buy this set of rims for my truck. They have some of the cheapest prices I have found, and I had no problems with completing the purchase transaction with them.

[​IMG]

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You need steel wheels if you still want to be able to use (much cheaper and easier to find) 15 inch tires. You'll find a LOT more choices in tires if you stay with the 15 inch wheels. As for prices, check the difference between a BFG 35x12.5x15 and a 315/75R15. Both are 35's, but the ones for the 16 inch wheels cost a bunch more ca$h. :mad: