Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best place to buy gaskets, weatherstripping etc.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gjk5, Jun 1, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I need some pointers, the new '72 sounds like an anti-aircraft battery while driving off-road. Every gasket and weatherstrip is eaten up so every part that could rub and knock does. The rear window was shaking back and forth a couple of inches, I thought it was gonna fall right off.

I definitely need to replace all of the weatherstripping and gaskets on doors window etc., but was wondering if putting a poly bushing kit might help with the rattles/shakes.

Also, as a side note, I've never owned a vehicle with a lift this one has some serious body roll and dive going on. (2.5" lift, Rancho 7000's) Is this to be expected?

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I replaced the door weatherstripping and it didnt help my doors from squeaking and popping so I finally removed them. I bought the weatherstripping from LMC, it fit well but Im not impressed with the quality of the rubber. If you're going to be doing any serious offroading I would suggest removing the rear window or the entire top. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I dont think any First Gens have anti-sway bars so this could be causing it to feel differently. I would check steering box bolt tightness, spring u-bolt tightness and shackle tighness. Poly body mounts are pretty stiff compared to rubber, should help body roll if your existing ones are worn out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif