Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best place to buy/price a new 6.5L turbo engine

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Klink K5, May 11, 2005.

1. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

I am in a bind but I think the best option is to buy a new engine for the 92 k2500 I have un my shop right now. The engine that was in thew truck, the crank broke right after #4 main web and made a HELL of a noise. What I would like to know is where to get the best price on a new AM general engine or GM 6.5L (probally the same thing now). Anyway we'll see what you guys come up with. Thanks, Klink :cool1:

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would ask on TheDieselPage.com - I don't think most guys over here buy new diesel engines. I would consider rebuilts from http://www.peninsulardiesel.com/, or The Diesel Depot, 219 Waco Dr. / P.O. Box 228. Sandersville, GA 31082 800-553-8192

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Received the following email from Dan.....Dan I tried to email you back but it bounced.....send me your new email if you have one.

This is a message from Diesel Dan at CK5 Forums

Mark,
    How goes it?

Local standadyne rebuild shop can get reman 6.5s. They come with new AM blocks and refurbished internals. Available in short block all the way to fully dressed. I can get the number so you can post it if you'd like.

Sometime I might renew my membership so I can post. But I need to renew it on the TDR first, just bought a motorhome with 5.9CTD/allision.

Regards, Dan