Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best place to get a brake line kit?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jughead, Aug 13, 2006.

1. jughead

jughead Registered Member

I looked in LMC and the kit there suggests it is for Coil spring truck. Does it make any difference. I am looking to replace all the brake lines in My 69 blazer with fronts disc set up out of a 72 with power brakes. I am adding 9 inches of lift over all so I may not need the whole kit due to the added height. Anyone go through this already I searched and found no threads on this.

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Why not buy a tubing bender and some line and do it yourself?

If that's not an option I'd try contacting one of the brake/restoration companies that offer's prebent brake lines. My dad got a set for his chevelle and they worked great. I'm cheap, so I'd probably bend them myself.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if you ask at the parts stores you can buy bulk rool of 25ft of line in the comon sizes. then if your flared nuts are still good reuse them or match up some to fit. flaring and bending is not that hard just make a few practice trys and ask a automechanic if thay are good and if so go for it and be done with it.