Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best place to mount 6.5's?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MudFrog, Jun 20, 2002.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Best place to mount 6.5\'s?

My stereo is basically just been dying on me, so I took out the sub, 6x9's and amps. I want to run some temp speakers just off of the 40w that my head unit provides (btw I fixed it). I ordered some 6.5" 2 way blaupunkt speakers since my front factory speakers are blown. Where should I mount them? Will they fit ok in the door? What size speaker is under the dash? 3-4"?

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Re: Best place to mount 6.5\'s?

3.5" speakers are in your dash. One other option for a place to put
    6.25's is in Q-logic kickpanels. They cost an arm and a leg,
    but i've heard good things about them.

3. k5wantabe

k5wantabe Registered Member

Tried the door route. Pain in the a$$. Just ordered the q logic, q-forms off of ebay for $120 plus $15 for shipping. They go for $199 at crutchfields. Cheapest that I have ever seen them. Definitly the way to go. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Yea I'd like to go the qlogic kick panel route but I'm putting the big money towards tires/locker, what size speaker would be alright for the doors?

5. creampuff90k5

creampuff90k5 1/2 ton status

So don't keep us in suspense... What was the deal with the head unit??

By the way, consider mounting your 6.5's in the side panels right next to the back seat, like where the ashtray is. Much easier than cutting the doors and they'll still be very close to the front of the truck.

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Ok... here's the deal.. And I feel like a big id-10T. I checked the fuses but appearently I pulled the wrong fuse. So it did turn out to be a blown fuse. I could kick myself /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif .

As far as the 6.5's go, I'll just stick them in the rear quarter panels, and I just ordered a set of cheap speakers to replace the factory ones in the front. At least this should get me to where I can listen to my music without hearing popping.

I've been running with my top off a lot lately so I don't want too much that people can get their hands on.