Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Place to visit in your state!!! Please Post *Updated list inside*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, May 4, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Ok. Here's the scoop, in fall 2005 i will be moving from sunny southern california, to snowy New Hampshire. So rather than do as Greg72 did, we are going to take our time and visit all 48 contiguous states. So i need posts from all you wonderful people telling me what in your state i should visit and why. Please post up anything you can think of. I will save each idea into a word document for future reference. Also if you live near the site, i'd love to meet up with you and have lunch, dinner, whatever. Anyway post away! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The reason for moving is because NH has a cooking school my wife would like to attend. Also it's the chance of a lifetime for the trip. And the Jimmy will not be driving, we will be in a new model Tahoe and ship the Jimmy
    See List Here

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  2. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

Re: Best Place to visit in your state!!! Please Post

well, if u get bored, u can come visit my house in metro atlanta /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Wicked party at my place.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

In Georgia visit the Cheata lot nicer then the Gold Club and with a lot less cops and very nice girls /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, but if your not in to that dont come to Georgia pretty boring though the mountains are great place to go to.

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks for the reply, i'm looking forward to seeing awesome sites /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Since Cali sucks a** and you already are here, I'll give ya the lowdown on where to go in my old stomping grounds.

First off, New Mexico. Santa Fe, Taos and pretty much the northeastern part of the state. Taos and Santa Fe has a lot of history and is in some beautiful country.

Get out and go up to Angel Fire and Red River. Both ski slopes in the winter. You can get out into the trees and do some wheeling also if ya have the K5.

As for OK, don't listen to what the rest of these Okies on here will tell ya, there's nothing to see downstate, well except the National Cowboy Hall of Fame in OKC. Stay up in the Panhandle, especially the far western side near New Mexico. There's a hiking trail leading up to the top of Black Mesa, highest point in OK. I've never been to the top, but you can see for miles and miles. There's also a volcano over in NM that you can drive up also.

There's a few old ranches, some dinosaur tracks and such in the area and is far away from the cities.

If ya want more info on the area, PM and I'll hook ya up.

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

In two years you'll be married and stuck where yer at now... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Howdy Bubba!

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    In two years you'll be married and stuck where yer at now... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In all of my years of being out amongst the folks, I have never heard anything more true than that statement right there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Ok, here is what I would do.

Leave Cali, go to Tahoe. Then to Vegas. After Vegas head to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (south rim sucks). Head from NRGC to Moab. Then get the hell out of Utah as fast as possible. Durango & Silverton CO, then threw Taos NM. After that I couldn't help you much.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    After Vegas head to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (south rim sucks).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah hell yeah!!!!! North Rim rocks, just don't go in winter /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif No one is there. And the drive to get up there rocks.

Hey Hoss, did ya go down off the mountains onto the rez?

12. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I really don't remember much about how we got there. I was little when I went. I do remember the Canyon, but the drive is a little hazed. I know we went threw Flagstaff and up so I know we were on the res. to get there. I do remember roadside Indian Goods stands, and I also remember at twilight thousands of bats were flying around. That is about it except for the Canyon itself which was awesome.

I went to the south rim once, and it sucks a big one compared to the North rim. The view is ok, but the surroundings suck compared to the north.

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I hear Goofy's is a nice place... Bar, music, live adult entertainment... I'm not sure if it's Wyoming or Colorado though... it's between the two state signs, and I'm not sure where the border is...

But seriously... I'll come up with some cool places to visit in Wyoming that aren't nekkid people /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wicked party at my place.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I hear Goofy's is a nice place... Bar, music, live adult entertainment... I'm not sure if it's Wyoming or Colorado though... it's between the two state signs, and I'm not sure where the border is...

[/ QUOTE ]

Carl, You are thinking of "The Clown's Den." It is definately in Wyoming (by about 100 yards) and is definately patrolled by local law enforcement (ie....me)to ensure the safety of all patrons (naked or clothed.) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Edited:

New York city:
    - Empire state building observatory
    - Broadway (kinda gay, but chicks dig it and if yours is with you, a good idea)
    - Anything you feel like doing at any moment of the day (well, mostly)
    - Central Park
    - Ground Zero/World Trade Center
    - Personally, I dunno if it's worth making a trip for it alone, but I'm fascinated with our subway system. If I were NYPD, I'd volunteer to patrol the tunnels...

Landmarks:
    - Grand Central Station
    - Rockefeller plaza/center (christmas tree in the season)
    - Times Square
    - Chrysler building
    - Buncha others I can't think of right now...

Long Island:
    - Montauk Point
    - the Hamptons (great nightlife for young peeps during the summer)
    - Walmart /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    - There's other stuff on LI worth seeing, I just can't recall. I'll edit it in when I can...

I don't remember if anyone posted about it, but I'd like to go to Gettysburg sometime soon. I was there as a kid and remember it being great. Also, washinton DC, but now I'm sure it's not as fun to tour (with security) as when I was there 14 years ago.

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Even though you already live in Cali... Yosemite is awesome, Mt Shasta, Drive up Hwy 1 (tons of cool places to check out and explore), Bodie (an awesome ghost town), Feather Falls, Foresthill Bridge (in all kinds of movies, like XXX and that Nike commercial)... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

18. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Probably the Speedway here.

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

vancouver, WA... cant go here without swinging by Steakburger for mini-golf and 2000 calorie burgers. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

20. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

If you go through West Virginia might want to stop by the New River Bridge. World's largest steel span and the second highest bridge in the United States. It's quite a sight and even better when you see it from below. It's also not far off the Intersate.

Jon