Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best places around Tacoma?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by pvfjr, Feb 28, 2005.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

We've been kinda wondering if there's any other places worth checking out in our local area. We've already been to Belfair/Tahuya twice, but that place isn't exactly made for fullsizes. I know about Naches, and plan to do that eventually, but is there anything closer? Something that would make a good day trip? Thanks.

2. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I dont know about anything too close to you but if you can make a drive up to burlington then you can wheel in walker valley. It has some nice trails that over the last few years are starting to get full-size friendly. Right now it is closed except for the muddy logging roads. Have to check with DNR for when they will reopen the trails.

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

evans creek is okay...but youll take body damage,elbe is also close and youll take damage there as well....

4. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Have you tried down by Shelton?? Used to be some nasty washed out powerline roads by Spencer Lk. area...Puyallup,Buckley, Enumclaw ????

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Now that's what I'm talking about. I'm new to the state, so I'm not familier with anything. Any more info on these places? I know where the cities you mentioned are, but not the wheeling spots. The only place I've been is Belfair.

6. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

Tahuya is about the most full sized friendly I've found, just wish they had some mud instead of water over gravel, or more challenging trails..... I like parts of reiter, but it's a bit far for my pos.... Not really an answer, but if you go back up to tahuya drop me a pm, it's pretty close to me, I'd like to drink beer with the air force...

7. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Make that root beer, and I'm in. I'm sure we'll head up there again, probably soon too. There's about four of us here on McChord that usually head up there, but I'm really the only one who isn't stock. The others are workin on it, but it's slow progress on an airman's pay. I'll let you know when we head back up, probably won't be long if we can't find another spot that's close.