Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best portable scanner?

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by 88-383, Jun 19, 2006.

1. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any recomends? Price, and where to get would be helpfull.

Thanks

Kelvin

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

For OBD1, I can't complain (too much) about my autoxray. I believe it's a 240, if you search past posts of mine on scanners, I might mention it.

Not anywhere near it to check, sorry.

Only problem I've seen with it is that it doesn't show that the ECM is getting a spark signal while cranking, but otherwise it's worked flawlessly, and was just over $100 used off of Ebay, with cables for Ford, Dodge and GM.

3. Creek

Creek Registered Member

I have three OBDII vehicles and one OBDI so I went with the Autoxray 6000. I got it new off Ebay for $450.

David

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have an autoxray EZ link. I originally bought it for 130.00 to scan just GM obd 1 but have upgraded it to scan all OBD1 and OBD2. I can also take 30 second snapshots and download the engine operating data to my PC and build charts and graphs. Also can keep the scanner updated with downloads off AutoXray's web site. I have been using this scanner on all types of vehicles for 6 or 7 years now. It still works great. It is a simple to use inexpensive unit that has saved me lots of money and headaches.
    Most all the big auto parts stors sell autoxray. Ebay is also a good place to get one. The price depends on how much you want. Used to be able to get an EZlink GM only OBD1 scanner for 130-150 then upgrade to ford/dodge, OBD2 as needed. but i dont know if they still sell them that way
    All I have seen lately is the pro pack that scanns all obd 1&2 vehicles.
    http://www.autoxray.com/products.aspx

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Oh, and the laptop/winaldl (or tunerpro) setup is portable, and will do everything and more than a scanner. Of course, it's only cheaper if you already have a laptop.

6. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

Well I scored an AutoXray 5000 off ebay for $240.00 and you guys were right. It does everthing I need and then some. It's easier than hauling the laptop around.

Kelvin