Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best power distribution block?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Dec 14, 2004.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I'm in the market for a power distribution block as the positive terminal of my battery is getting a little crowded. I know the ones for CUCV's are good, but I sold all the ones I have. Are there any other purely functional, non-blingin aftermarket ones available? I am not interested in any of the ricer stereo crap, I need a high quality weatherproof unit. I will probably just go with the CUCV unit but I would like to see if there are any better options out there. Does anyone have a CUCV block for sale?

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not that this helps any, no idea what you are trying to run, but I just took one out of a late 80's early 90's Cadillac from the 'yard to use for powering my electric fans.

I just mounted it right next to the battery on the core support, and was smart enough to grab all the red wires with ring terminals that were mounted on the power block.

If I hadn't broken off the cover (weak from UV) it would have been well protected, but not weather*tight*.

It's worked for me though, and GM figured it was good enough for a production vehicle.