Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best rear driveline to junkyard score?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, May 10, 2006.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Am looking for a rear shaft to shorten for when the fixed yoke doubler goes in and the slip yoke 241 comes out. Pla is to find a linger than needed shaft then have it shortened to fit. Is there a truck to look for a shaft from that is ideal? Something with 1410s? Thank ya'll

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Any of the '94+ Dodge Cummins trucks will have 1410 stuff. Other than that, just stick your head under there and look. :p: :D

3. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

if your looking for a 1410 inboard slip shaft for a fixed yoke doubler- try a super duty rear shaft 1999 and newer- Jess

4. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I have a stock 2-piece crew cab shaft that came with my CC when I bought it. Maybe you can modify one side of it? If so it's yours :D

5. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I was thinking about 2 peices have a couple i can have here. I was looking under our 99 f-250 service truck thinking that one would work well.... Aren't the ram shafts slip yoke? My 97 is anyways and the 98 i have worked on is too. I'll keep my eye out for StupidDuty shafts. Thanks guys.