Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best repair manual?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by delta9blazer, Jun 5, 2000.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i have a chilton's, and it sux. the pictures are crap, and the description leaves me confused. what is the best one out there, for all repairs?
    i tried to fix my passenger side window, and my chilton's is darn near useless. they don't reference a picture at all, but there's one there. the picture identifies some parts, but the text calls them different names!
    anyhoo, gimme your choices.
    thanks.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

The haynes manual is fair. It's deffinetly better than the chiltons. The best is prob. a factory repair, but if you can find one, tell me, I'm still looking.

Kyle
    89K5

3. Whii338

Whii338 Registered Member

4. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

Perhaps the best manuals are the factory ones. They cost around a $100 but they have everything in them. Total diagnostics wire diagrams out the a$$. Don't know how far back they offer them but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask them. As for haynes and chilton. I prefer haynes better diagrams more pics, the only thing I wish they would put in them is automatic tranny tear downs. I could see not for say a 4L80 but a regular 350 or 400 it couldn't be that tough.

Wasn't me.............