Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best Spark Plug Wires (Come On Everybody)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jbissette, Nov 5, 2001.

1. jbissette

jbissette 1/2 ton status

What are the best spark plugs wires you have used? Pros and Cons of wires that you have used.

88 Chevy K1500, 350 TBI, TH700R4, 3" body lift, 33x12.50x15 Tires

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I really like the Taylor Spiro Pros from Summit Racing. About $36 per set....

Mike

<font color=green>"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've got the Taylor Spiro Pro's on nearly every vehicle I own. They work great and last a very long time. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Favorite Plugs??????

Newbie, 73 Blazer project

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Whatever's on sale. [​IMG] I tried the Bosch Platinums but they just seemed like I'd spent more money to get the same results. I've had great luck with AC's, Champion's, and Autolite's. I don't think there's any magic involved in making a decent spark plug. [​IMG] It's a pretty tried and true technology. Lately I've been running the AC's because Walmart sells 'em for something like $1.96 per pair. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

6. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I just put some MSD wires on mine last week. They look great and seem to be put together really well.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I run MSD super conductor wires. They are great wires. I have had them for only two months though. They are put together well and I got a little better performance from them. Every MSD product I have has been quality. The wires for my Jimmy were like $60, prefitted. I run Champion truck plugs. They have always worked well and given me no problems. They have been very durable. I use them in my Jimmy, and I have put them in my Dads 2 F*rds. They have worked well, and plan to stick with them. I pull them every few months, clean them, and regap them.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

8. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

MSD Super Conductors, mmf! 40-50 ohms a foot [​IMG] Of course $50+ is not cool but I still love mine.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

9. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I use Jacos 8.5's. But I also like MSD and Mallory. For plugs I'm running AC Delco Rapid Fire's. I've also had good luck with Sonic spark plugs (there made in denver).

Eric

<a target="_blank" href=http://cethern.tripod.com/erics-home-page-and-other-stuff/>http://cethern.tripod.com/erics-home-page-and-other-stuff/</a>
    AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com

10. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

MSD, MSD, oh yea MSD. The wires are the same design as the ones on top fuel dragsters. They have really low ohm readings and last a long time.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

11. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

MSD wires and A/C Delco Rapid Fires for plugs

12. mudmover

mudmover Registered Member

I run Taylor 8mm's on the race car and have been very pleased. the only thing i've had problems with is that my headers get close to the boots and burn them up if i dont periodically check them to make sure they are still facing the right way. other than that they have been wonderful, and the color selection is great. they also make them with the heat sleeve (although they are more expensive). I would use AC delco plugs in your truck. you cant beat the factory for that.
    Good Luck

What do you mean you cant run <font color=red>35's</font color=red> and an <font color=red>easy locker</font color=red> and <font color=red>3:08's</font color=red> in a <font color=red>10 bolt</font color=red>?[​IMG]

13. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Accel 8.8's w/the sleeve(CANNOT burn them)...trust me I tried once to make sure, and My favorite plugs are AC Delco Rapidfires.....made one hell of a difference!

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM![​IMG]

14. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Re: Best Spark Plug Wires (Come On Everybody) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Jeff427

15. jbissette

jbissette 1/2 ton status

I have been using NGK spark plugs and they seem to work fine. But the plug wire situation is a mess. The guy that I bought the truck from put some kind on universal fit wires or something on it. And they are so long they just kind of go everywhere.

16. jbissette

jbissette 1/2 ton status

How long of life could I expect out of a set of MSD plug wires? I think that is what I will use next time I do a tune up.

17. jbissette

jbissette 1/2 ton status

How often does everybody change their plug wires?

18. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My MSD's cost me $60 so they will be there for a long while. I think GM recommended 50K, but I'm probably wrong. My MSD's better last a least 50K. I will run my MSD's until my motor gives it up. That's just me thought.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

19. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I grabbed a set of Standards from the shop I frequent here in town (so sad the guys there know me on a first name bases lol) anyhow they work fine with the headers. Before I had the Chief specials and hated them. These for a not huge brand name work well. Can't beat $20 bucks for the set either... but I get discounts so I dunno how much they really were....

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!