Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best sparkplug wire holders?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Jul 18, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I changed out the cap and rotor and spark plug wires on my burb today but had a problem with holding the wires in place. The stock wire holders are not there (not that they did a very good job anyway) so I did the zip-tie routine. I definately want something more permanent though. Anyone know of any good small block wire holders? I've seen the blingin chrome ones in LMC but I'm wondering if there's anything less flashy (and cheaper) out there. Thx

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I used the Moroso ones on my 454...They were like $16 and they really clean up the engine compartment.... you can see pics of them on the engine on the stand HERE

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Nice looking engine. Where did you get them from and do they make then for a smallblock? Thx

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Zip ties aren't permanant? Nobody told me!

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've used these [​IMG] on my hot rods. Works real good when you trim the wires.

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Your local speed shop will have them, or they can be ordered through Summit, Jeg's etc. They make them for anything, all you need to do is tell them your valve-cover bolt size. I think SBC's are 1/4".

There is a wide variety of manufacturers that make these as well, in several colors aand options. Usually when I run those, I have installed 'cut to fit' plug wires. If you are running factory replacement wires, all the lengths might not be correct to use that whole set up....

7. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I think I got them from jegs or summit....The have a ton of different types...Just go look around for some SBC ones...GM also has some decent looking ones in the Performance parts catalog

8. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

I swear by zip-ties /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Im even thinking about upgrading to the blue ones /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif