Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best street handling shocks- yes i said STREET

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Apr 27, 2003.

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Jul 9, 2002
    my 86 long bed is my DD and rides like a brick on wheels. it has a 4 inch lift of unknown origin. i'm thinking of going with some e-z rides and some bilstiens or KYB or maybe dochtecs (sp?). i want something that rides nice on the street- as nice as a solid axle rig can anyways. anyone have any advice to make my mall cruiser ride better? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Bilsteins seem to be top rated for performance, with the KYB's right behind, but I'm not sur what we need in these trucks to make them ride "smooth".

I'd almost say you need a shcok that is super "loose", so that the springs do more work, and the shocks just keep the truck from bouncing overly much. It'd feel like a boat, but you aren't going to get firm shocks that ride nice on these trucks IMO.

If you've ever driven one of these trucks without shocks, you know what I'm talking about. You need to dampen the springs somewhat to keep from losing control at speed over larger bumps, but the ride is actually pretty smooth.