Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best street/ mud tire?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Jul 20, 2006.

?

best strret/mud tire

Poll closed Aug 19, 2006.
  1. hummer tires

3.2%
  2. bfg mud terrains

83.9%
  3. i have no valuble input and like to web wheel nekkid

12.9%
  1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

2. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Well I prefer the BFG but I am biased: I refer you to this post about BB06 and Sumer Blaze 07 http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175243&page=18

I am pleased to announce that BF Goodrich has donated a certificate for four BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO or Mud Terrain T/A KM tires. Max wheel size 17" for the Summer Blaze. Due to the expiration date on it they have consented that we will be allowed to award them to some lucky person at Blazer Bash 2006.

The lucky winner will have their picture taken in front of the BF Goodrich Banner and may be used in future BF Goodrich advertising.

Now that that is said What other company do you guys want me to work on? I know Warn and I am going to contact LMC also.

We are getting a pretty good group up don't be left out of the fun!

REMEMBER: to let me know via email if you plan to come eastcoast-k5@hotmail.com
    Screen name
    real first name
    email

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

BFG's hands down... No brainer

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

bfg mt's. also goodyear MTRs but they are pricey

5. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I second the goddyear MTR's worth the money if you run the street more then the trail. I have over 40k on mine and still going.

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Goodyear MTR's. Better than the BFG's on wet street, and it's pretty much a wash on the trail, but the Goodyears seem to like the rock more than the mud.

John

7. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

As a result of a recent monsoon we had come through town about two weeks ago, I was a witness to a very enjoyable and reaffirming show as to why I am glad I purchased my 35" BFG Mud's.

Right after the downpour moved out my daughter and I cruised out to an area close to the house that becomes alot of fun after a rain. As we arrived there were already quite a few vehicles playing. The ones that kept getting stuck seemed to be the ones with all terrain's, the ones with the mud tires seemed to be doing most of the unstucking, of course.

These are my second set of BFG mud's and I am very happy with them. Highway noise is surprisingly fairly low for a 35 and they track very well, no pulling to either side.

8. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

ALthough I have never run the BFG mud terrains, I have heard their sidewalls are weaker than other MT tires.

9. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

I've got 35" BFG m/t's on my DD dodge. mostly street and light trail duty. I love them.

10. cjjones

cjjones 1/2 ton status

I am up for the MTR's, running my second set of 305's with over 60,000 miles on the first set, mostly highway, gravel driving, just purchased 37'" for my K5 and they work very well in the mud for me.