Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best suspension lift for 80's K5

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by cvblazer, Apr 6, 2002.

1. cvblazer

cvblazer Registered Member

Best suspension lift for 80\'s K5

I have an 84' K5 and was interested in getting a lift for it in the near future. I was looking for a suspension lift of about 4" to 6". I was planning on getting the lift for taking it to Hollister Hills, as i live realatively close to it. So what is the best lift out there for K5's?

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Re: Best suspension lift for 80\'s K5

Off topic.....but have you checked out the Nor-Cal Big Dawgs forum? We're having are first run on April 21st.

Best lift...it depends. Are you looking for flex? what size tires are you going to run? Is your 84 going to be a dailey driver?

3. cvblazer

cvblazer Registered Member

Ill check out the Nor-Cal msg board more often, my blazer wont be able to make it to the even because of a steering issue, http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=blazer4x4&Number=375298&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart= but i might be able to go and check out all the rigs,

For the lift, im lookin for an all around good lift that will last, so i guese for flex. I plan to run 33" to 37" tires, and yes, it will be a daily driver.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Alot of people will tell you ether Tuff Country EZ rides, BDS,or Superlift Flex the best. Post this on the main board you will get alot of helpful information.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I had a rancho kit on my 85 (until I got the dt shocks, and ORD flip in back). Works for me. The front springs r a little stiff... but once I add a big old winch to the front, it will prolly be just right. A little bit of stiffness in the front springs is a good thing on-road when you dont run a anti-sway bar. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

btw, if you were interested in my 4" rancho kit (everything but the front springs... rear blocks, 6 shocks, and all the u-bolts) lemme know.... I'd sell cheap and then all you'd need is front springs...

J

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

My advice:
    6" TCI front
    2 or 3" TCI rears with a flip kit
    set of rancho or procomp shocks
    Full greasable suspension bushings
    4" raised steering arm (will hold you over till you can cross over to the other side) :-)
    Bumpstops
    Brakelines
    Steering box brace
    swaybar disconnects (depends on timing of crossover steering)

this should be a pretty solid durable lift with good performance for a reasonable price.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How much would this complete kit cost ????

8. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

The setup that Stephen proposed will work great. I have had really good luck with Skyjacker. I also definately reccommend the steering brace. I would suggest 6" Skyjacker front springs, ORD greaseable shackles, ORD shackle flip in rear with 2" springs or blocks....depending on your budget and how extreme you want to go. The extended brake hoses are a good idea, especially if yours are old.