Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best suspension Lift for 80's K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cvblazer, Apr 7, 2002.

1. cvblazer

cvblazer Registered Member

Best suspension Lift for 80\'s K5

I have an 84' K5 and was interested in getting a lift for it in the near future. I was looking for a suspension lift of about 4" to 6". I was planning on getting the lift for taking it to Hollister Hills, as i live realatively close to it. So what is the best lift out there for K5's?
    For the lift, im lookin for an all around good lift that will last, and have good fIex. I plan to run 33" to 37" tires. It will also be a daily driver.

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Re: Best suspension Lift for 80\'s K5

This is a very opinionated topic, IMO...Everbody is gonna have a different opinion... Every lift is gonna have is pros and cons...a full spring, 6" BDS lift would be nice but it costs $$$...On the other hand, a Genuine suspension lift from 4wpw (Basically a cheap Pro-Comp lift) is REALLY economical but it won't flex as well as the BDS...

I would say look at you price point first...Your price point will determine if you are going to go with a full spring lift or front springs and blocks in the rear.

For a good all around lift w/ decent flex, IMO, I would go with either a 6" BDS or a SkyJacker lift, with full springs...either one of those lifts will flex well and last you a long time...That is just what I would go with for your situation...

I am going with 6" ProComp spings in the front with a 4" ORD shackle flip in the rear and 2.5" lift springs in the rear...This is what I think will work best for my rig...

Good Luck...

Chris

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Re: Best suspension Lift for 80\'s K5

I have the skyjacker system.. I like it, BUT I also don't wheel or any of that stuff. mine is a mall monster, 100%... rides nice, well, as nice as she can, and looks pretty damn cool too!

Brandy