Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best TBI Repair Manual?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Oct 29, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I'm in need of a good manual to help me fix my 91 K5. I'm getting the scanner soon but that won't help me if I don't know what I'm looking at. So what do ya'll recommend? I need something that will say if this code do this, if that's in check, do this, blah blah blah. So what's the best book?

TIA,
    James

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Go to ebay and buy a factory Manual, best info and troubleshooting guides.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Mark's right, if you can't find it there, www.helminc.com has them new, I paid $65 for the factory manual set for my '79.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

They are right with the service manual, but most of the time, the "electrical manual" is seperate, and equally invaluable IMO. Later manuals GM seperated the wiring diagrams/troubleshooting because they are so extensive and so much more "complex" than earlier vehicles.

5. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

The factory manuals (helms) are top drawer for our 'era' Chevy's. The set I have consists of the main 3 books.. (wiring diagrams, Light duty truck unit repair manual, and r/v, g, p model service manual) plus a dealer service update bulletin supplement(s). Somewhere around here (may be up to the shed as it's used more there than in the office) I have a 4th as well and probably as important (or moreso) but the Drivability (& TBI Troubleshooting?) book. That one as a bunch of checklists for how they drive. I believe it's also a Helms.